The John Arpin Award shall be awarded annually to first-year graduate student(s) entering a Masters or PhD program in music. Recipients must demonstrate outstanding academic merit and be studying in the area of performance, performance studies and/or composition. If there is no eligible applicant who meets the desired criteria considered for this award it may also be extended to students in other fine arts performance disciplines when students demonstrate exceptional talent and academic merit.
Value and Duration
- The value and number of award(s) in any given year will depend on the rate of distribution from the endowment fund and the number of recipients selected
- Full–time registered Master’s or doctoral York graduate student;
- Must be an incoming student;
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents and/or protected persons who are residents of Ontario;
- Selection criteria include:
- Research focus in performance, performance studies and/or composition;
- Outstanding top academic achievement;
- Financial need.
Note: The student must be registered full-time for the current academic year (Fall/Winter).
Award Period (when the award will be paid)
- First-year of studies
How to Apply
Nominated students will be invited to apply
- Statement of research
- Updated CV
- Transcripts, unofficial or official, (supplied by the graduate program from admissions file), or can be a student copy downloaded from the student account. Must include the last two years or all years of graduate studies
- Student Financial Profile (.pdf)
- Letter of nomination (supplied by graduate program director)
- GPA, Music email@example.com